One of the most confusing decisions someone new to web hosting will have to make is which platform their server should be on. There are a number of different choices out there but the main two are Linux and Windows web servers. So what is the main difference between them?
There are a lot of sources of information about hosting, but the majority of them are tainted by personal opinion, unfortunately, this is a confusing issue. In general, it quite probably does not matter which server we use. For the majority of people, it will be more important to choose a really good web host than to worry about the server type that they implement.
Microsoft developed and owns the Windows operating system. Linux is open source and generally free. This means it can often be more expensive to set up and run a Windows server. The cost involved in running a server does not affect the cost of a web hosting package as much as we may think.
Access to our web account will most likely be through FTP or a control panel and both servers support these methods. The main difference is that some of the FTP commands are slightly different between Linux and Windows and some FTP programs will be designed with one or the other in mind.
A large number of people looking for web features run fine on both platforms including PHP, MySQL, POP3, etc. If we intend to create our site using ASP, FrontPage, the .NET environment, Windows Streaming Media, Access, MSSQL, or any of the other Microsoft proprietary technologies then we probably need to use a Windows host. There is a limited vote for a number of technologies in Linux, but they can be expensive and are usually lacking in features.
The reliability and stability of the different platforms have been a matter of many arguments. The main reason that Windows is seen as being not so much secure is that it is the most widely used operating system for home computers.
People spend more time looking for flaws in the most common system. With Linux being the most common server type, it has a surprising number of successful attempts made on it.
Linux has a good security system as well as very much famous in professionals because Linux has a good track record of performance, stability, and security.
Linux is text-based and does not use a graphical user interface, which means it can dedicate the full power of the server to your website.
The main benefits of Linux are:
- Most web creation tutorials and documentation refer to this platform
- Extremely stable, reliable, functional, and flexible
- Easy to upgrade and expand
- Access to freeware
- Scripting languages such as Perl and PHP
While Windows is the operating system of choice for many new users. Windows allows those with low or no experience in the fields of web development and hosting to get advanced features working fastly.
The professional team that will provide you with the reliability of your server properly advises and provide a wide range of services to optimize, manages, and improves your web hosting!
By purchasing a package of service, you get round-the-clock support from our experts. We have developed rate plans available.
The most profitable tariff plan to support the server is a 12-hour rate. When buying a season ticket for 12 hours of our support for the 3 servers per month cost is only 40 $ We offer you the following services that we offer:
- Support for server linux (freebsd / slackware / ubuntu / debian / gentoo / centos / RH) based on panel cPanel, Plesk, ISPmanager, DirectAdmin (not a problem and support the development of any other panel0);
- Installation/configuration of operating systems, setting up networks, installing/configuring control panels, install the necessary components for the server;
- Support and organization of VPS servers based on OpenVz / Virtuozzo / Xen / VMware / Hyper-v.
- High-quality monitoring networks, servers;
- Organization of several tier backup systems;
- Support for windows-server (Plesk for windows 2003-2008);
- High-quality customer support. Providing advice, analysis, and assistance in solving problems.
More information about the price range of services can be found on our website
And we also have online chat support, where you can ask questions and get them instantly their answers!